National dailies and stations are daily flooded with increasing records of automobile accidents leading to loss of life and sustained injuries of varying degrees.
It’s, however, disturbing that kids have been victims of some of these accidents. While a measurable number does not make it out, a few lucky ones get maimed for life.
When it comes to the safety of our kids, there is no such thing as being too careful. Therefore, ensuring they are safe, especially when moving from one place to another, whether by road or air, should be given top priority.
By design, every car comes with seat belts, which most times are not suitable for kids, hence the need for car seats and boosters with a 5-point harness to provide support for children when in transit and, more importantly, keep them safe.
It is in light of this that this article on the kid’s mind is focused on the top thirteen best children’s car seats.
There are tons of children’s car seats on the market today. However, many factors were dutifully considered when compiling this list- the safety of your kids, the comfort these children’s car seats can provide, the ease of usage, and durability, and of course, the affordability of the products.
This review exploits and analyses the safest, most comfortable, and relatively affordable best children’s car seats available on the marketplace as of today.
The key features, advantages over a bunch of other brands out there, and a few fall-backs based on personal preferences, of course, are concisely highlighted to enable you to make informed decisions when shopping for the next car seats or booster car seats for your children or ward.
It is on this note we present to you our top fourteen best children’s car seat reviews.
Any of the above-mentioned children’s car seats will readily give you value for your money. For more precise insight, let us consider what makes each of these items to be worth a mention in this best children’s car seat review.
Maestro Sport Harness Booster Car Seat
These children’s harness booster car seat from the stable of Evenflo is designed with the safety of your kids in mind as well as providing maximum support for both your 2-year-old and 4-year-old alike.
The car seat gives room for two different modes of usage- the 5-point harness and a seat belt guide kids of at least four years old.
Furthermore, the Evenflo Maestro has been tested for side, and rollover impacts have been tested to ensure that your children are secured in case of rollover accidents.
- Dual-mode design. The Maestro can be easily converted to a belt-positioning booster from its statutory harness design.
- A shoulder belt guide- the guide automatically makes fixing the car belt easy when converting this fantastic children’s car seat to a booster.
- There’s a 5-point forward-facing harness to keep your child securely in place.
- A dual-integrated cup holder to provide storage space for snacks, drinks, and small toys for your children.
- It weighs about 9.6 pounds and can readily accommodate a weight range between 22 to 110 pounds.
- Its safety features rate this Evenflo maestro highly with the 5-point harness design that ensures maximum safety for your child.
- There’s a provision of adequate legroom for your child.
- Another advantage the dual-purpose design provides is durability as you wouldn’t need to purchase a new booster seat when your child has outgrown the harness phase.
- It is easy to install as every order comes with a video guide explaining the step-wise installation process.
- The car seat is detachable and machine washable.
- Tightening the straps takes quite a chunk of strength.
- It doesn’t convert to a backless kid booster.
- The integrated cup holders come in a specific size; hence, you might need to purchase bottles and cups that would readily fit.
- You might need a chair protector for your leather seats because of its sharp base.
Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat
Extend2Fit children’s car seat is a fantastic product for those parents who have to cover their long-distance duties. Meanwhile, this chair would be protecting your children with a front-facing extension of 50 lbs. So, it could be used for small aged children to bigger ones that can take care of themselves or themselves.
- Graco is a name for quality products, especially when it comes to your children’s safety.
- This seat is expandable up to 50 lbs in front-facing. Its harness is easy to tie and untie, giving comfort to your soft-skinned baby.
- Further, its ergonomic design is engineered to protect your children from front-facing, side-facing, and neck-facing.
- The car seat extends with children’s growth from 4 lbs to 50 lbs.
- Protect Plus is engineered to secure your children in case of an accident.
- Soft adjustable headrest with different levels.
- Easy to attach and detach harness.
- Not comfortable for small cars in front-facing for long drives.
- Cup holders are not designed for standard cup sizes.
Graco 4Ever DLX 4 in 1 Car Seat:
Kids are noted for their fast growth during their formative years. Hence, they usually outgrow most of the items bought for them during this period, car seats inclusive.
If getting a car seat that will grow with your child until he or she no longer needs a car seat, then this DLX 4-in-1 convertible car seat is your best bet. It is designed to provide maximum support and can be used in three different modes depending on the age and weight of your child.
This is one of the best and safest children’s car seats there are.
- It’s a 3-in-1 convertible car seat. It can be used in the rear-facing mode for young kids or the forward-facing mode or the belt-positioning booster mode for older kids.
- It comes with a body pillow to provide extra cushion for smaller children.
- There’s a 5-point harness system to keep your child securely in place.
- There’s also a reclining system in three different positions to suit your car.
- Safety First’s DLX comes with a built-in cup holder.
- It is safe for your child.
- It is easy to install.
- This product is of excellent quality and highly durable for a long time.
- It guarantees optimum comfort.
- The versatility of this product makes it very cost-effective.
- There are harness holders on both sides to keep the straps out of the way when placing the child in or removing the child from the car seat.
- It only has one cup holder.
- It’s not so mobile, hence not suitable for moving around because it takes a couple of minutes to install.
Spectrum 2-in-1 Booster Car Seat
Evenflo did pay a lot of attention to details in designing this classic masterpiece of a booster car seat. The modern design readily commands attention, but more commendable is the numerous safety precautions put in place to ensure your child is safe.
Two very unique features of this Spectrum 2-in-1 booster car seat are the Lyf guard, which is an advanced aide impact protection mechanism, and the fact that it has eight different positions of adjustment.
- It is a versatile product that can be readily converted from a high-back booster car seat to a backless booster seat.
- The Lyf Guard feature protects against side impacts.
- It comes with eight different positions of adjustment for optimum comfort.
- This car seat is built with dual cup holders and two snack trays.
- This too quality booster car seat weighs about 11.22 pounds and comfortably a 120-pound child.
- This design provides extended protection against side and rollover impacts.
- Its dual-purpose design makes it suitable for different situations.
- It comes in a modern design with a touch of class and beauty.
- The dual cup holders provide room to keep snacks and drinks.
- It is not designed with a 5-point harness system.
- There are no lower anchors to keep the car seat in place.
Every Stage LX All-in-One Car Seat
With a century worth of experience under her belt, Evenflo has grown to become a force to reckon with in making the cream of the best children’s car seats and boosters today.
Hence, a number of their high-ranking products have comfortably booked slots in our top thirteen best children’s car seats review.
Here’s another masterpiece, an all-purpose rear-facing, forward-facing, and convertible booster car seat that your child can grow into from as young as when he or she weighs four pounds to a whopping one hundred and twenty-pound weight.
- The EarlyStage LX model is an all-in-one car seat that your child can grow into.
- Optimum safety precautions were put in place with the 5-point harness system and the cushions provided against side impacts.
- It is a versatile product as it can be used in a rear-facing mode, forward-facing mode, and convertible booster mode for bigger kids of up to 120 pounds.
- The extra cushion was provided to optimize the comfort the LX model offers.
- It weighs about 22 pounds and can conveniently accommodate up to 120 pounds.
- This LX model is highly dynamic, as your child can grow into it.
- It is very durable and can be used for up to 10 years.
- The seat covers are machine washable, and the removable cup holders are dishwasher safe too.
- It is easy to install, use, and adjust.
- Your child’s comfort is guaranteed with the 5-point harness systems and the 10-point reclining positions.
- It doesn’t come with the easy-click ratchet system as the deluxe model, which makes tightening a little complicated.
Graco SlimFit 3 In 1 Car Seat
Here is another model of Graco that might solve your further needs. It is a 3-in-1 slim-fit seat design that allows safe space as well as adjustment according to your children’s health and highest. Therefore, you don’t need to worry either if your car is small or large spaced.
- Most people get offended when it covers a larger area in a car. But this 3in 1 children’s car seat is easy to adjust according to your back seat.
- Its front-facing harness varies from 5-40lbs. Further, its cushions are washable and readjust able.
- Slim design to save seat space for more passengers.
- Super adjusting headrest and legroom for children of 5 to 100 lbs.
- Graco protects plus is engineered to protect your children from horrible accidents.
- Rotating cup holders for all cup sizes and drink holders for children.
- The protection of spinal caution is unbreathable and makes it sweat.
Graco Landmark 3-in-1 Car Seat
Durability and longevity were key factors considered in compiling this list of the best kids’ car seats after safety and comfort. This 3-in-1 children’s car seat from Graco will not only keep your child safe but also provide support, and you do not have to purchase a new one as your child grows older, because, it is suitable for both small and big babies.
- It’s a 3-in-1 convertible car seat that can be used for small babies as a rear-facing harness, forward-facing harness, and belt-positioning booster for bigger kids.
- It is designed with four positions recline system for optimum comfort.
- There’s integrated harness storage to keep the unused harnesses out of the way when in booster mode.
- Is comes with a 5-point harness system in both rear-facing and forward-facing modes to protect your child through every ride.
- It weighs 19.82 pounds and can comfortably accommodate a 100-weight child.
- It is a versatile design that your child can grow into.
- It protects in case of rollover accidents and side impacts.
- Its detachable cup holder can be placed on both sides of the car seat.
- Its four reclining positions enhance the comfort of your child.
- Its seat pad is washing machine friendly.
- It has only four reclining positions.
- It doesn’t have a backless booster seat.
Sonus 65 Convertible Car Seat
This is yet another product from Evenflo. The Sonus 65 convertible car seat can function as a rear-facing harness and as a forward-facing harness depending on the age and weight of your child. It is also designed with an adjustable base that can be switched from a compact mode to a broader mode for bigger babies. That’s some creativity from Evenflo.
- It’s a convertible 2-in-1 car seat.
- Its adjustable base makes it easy to use for your bigger babies.
- Its 5-point harness straps your child safe while in transit.
- It has an in-built ventilation system to further make your child comfortable.
- It is 11.5 pounds in weight, and your child of 65 pounds can still use it comfortably.
- It is easy to install.
- It is extra-padded to provide a tender cushion effect and also protect your child from side impacts.
- The seat pads are easy to remove, and the washing machine is suitable.
- Its integrated cup holders are easy to remove and wash using a dishwasher.
- Its maximum weight of 65 pounds reduces its usability over a long period.
- Its seat buckle requires extra care when fixing to avoid pinching your baby.
KidFit Zip Plus 2-in-1 Belt-Positioning Booster Car Seat
Kidfit is an incredible seat, best to use for big children who are naughty and make mischievous. Mostly we have to drive through heavy traffic sites, which makes it hard to secure your children. In that situation, the Chicco kid fit is best to use. Here is why.
- This car seat is made of such fabric that is washable. This is the key feature that most people look for.
- Secondly, this car seat is adjustable in the back and backless modes. The back harness supports up to 100 lbs, and without a back, it could be used for 165 lbs and more.
- Thirdly its cushions are soft and fluffy and could be washed easily.
- Washable fabric to remove dirt and spots children drink.
- Zip packing to protect the cushion from being dirty.
- The backrest is removable and could be used for all ages children.
- Seat belt fixing is a problem as it might get lost after a long ride.
TurboBooster Backless Booster Car Seat
Graco TurboBooster is useful for parents as well as children as it is a backless booster chair that enables your children to reach the exact height of their seat belts. Further, it makes them comfortable with soft cushions, which are also washable.
As your child advances in age, there’s a tendency to want out of the regular car seats or even the high-back boosters. This would spur your search for a backless booster car seat that is still very safe for your child.
For every parent who has found themselves in this position, this turbo booster backless booster car seat should be the next item in your shopping cart.
- It’s a backless booster car seat that provides comfort for your child.
- It has armrests that can be adjusted as deemed fit.
- There are cup holders on both sides for drinks and snacks.
- The maximum weight thus booster car seat can accommodate is a hundred pounds.
- It is easy to install.
- It is lightweight and can be moved easily.
- The cup holders are retractable to create more space in the car.
- Its seat pad is easy to remove, wash, and dry.
- Backless supports up to 57 inches in height children.
- Being a backless booster car seat, it is not suitable for kids younger than 5 years old.
- Most people wouldn’t get all parts like cup holders.
5-Point Harness Double Stroller, Infant Car Seat with Base
This I what we call the all-purpose car seat that any parent would fall in love with. This Baby Trend 5-point harness comes with a double stroller, infant car seats, and a car base.
Parents with twins will readily find solace in this fantastic product from Baby trend.
- It’s a 5-point harness double stroller with two car seats and a base.
- The design expertly collapses versatility, quality, safety, and affordability into one product.
- The car seats can be used as front-facing or rear-facing harnesses.
- Your child is sure to be protected from the sub with the collapsible canopies on the double stroller.
- Its versatility is almost unbeatable on the market.
- You get value for your money.
- Installation and usage are not neck-breaking.
- Its 5-point harness design keeps your children safe, whether in transit or when in the stroller taking an evening walk.
- It is also easy to fold.
- It comes with a basket to keep a few travel items for the baby and two cup holders for snacks and drinks.
- The complete set is quite heavy.
- It might not be suitable for parents with single kids.
Ally Adjustable Infant Baby Car Seat and Base
This is one of the few cat seats on the market that can accommodate your baby even a couple of days after birth. The fabrics are super soft, and heavily padded to provide comfort at their best for your baby.
- It’s a rear-facing car seat designed to provide nothing but comfort for your baby.
- It comes with a car base to help keep the car seat in place all through the ride.
- A 5-point harness system that is readily adjustable to keep your baby protected in case of a car crash.
- It weighs about 18.1 pounds and can only be used for a baby of 35 pounds and below.
- The constituent materials are super soft and tender.
- It is heavily padded to protect against side and rollover impacts.
- It has a 6-position crotch belt adjustment to enhance your child’s comfort.
- It can be moved around, courtesy of its lightweight, and there’s an adjustable canopy to protect your child from scorching sun rays.
- It fits into most Baby Trend strollers.
- It is strictly a rear-facing harness car seat.
- The maximum weight limit makes it unfit for bigger kids.
Sibby Travel System Infant Car Seat
Evenflo is always on top of her game when it comes to producing user-specific designs.
While you might want to take a leisure walk to the park in the cool of the evening, with your baby in a stroller, your 4-year-old would wish for some ride too instead of walking along.
This is the Evenflo Sibby travel system infant car seat that comes in with its collapsible ride-along board for a second rider.
- The multipurpose stroller cum car seat is designed with a ride-along board that can be folded in when not used.
- Its handles make maneuvering easy and also reasonably longer to give room for the extra rider.
- It comes with a 5-point harness system to keep your child securely in position.
- There’s also a car seat base to keep the car seat in place while in transit.
- It is easy to assemble and use.
- Its seat pads are machine washable.
- It is designed to provide maximum comfort and safety.
- In spite of the different components, it is relatively lightweight, and easy to fold and move around.
- There’s an extra storage pocket behind the seat as well as a detachable cup holder.
- The stroller cannot be reversed.
- The car seat may be too small for bigger cars.
- The cup holder is detachable, hence can readily fall off.
Graco Affix Highback Booster Car Seat
Security is meant for all children. Never signifies either small children or large. Therefore purchasing an all-in-one car seat is always a smarter idea. For those people buying Graco affix is a good deal with a high back for all age children.
- Graco affix as by name is inferring that it could be fixed easily with one hand. Its open-loop tightening system makes it easier to tie with your car seat.
- Secondly, it could be used for children up to 57 inches higher. There are two modes, with a backrest and without a backrest.
- In backrest mode, your children get protected from back accidents as well as neckaches.
- Long backrest for children up to 57 inches in height.
- Easy to fix with the latch system and open-loop system.
- Tightens to your seat for long drives and stony roads.
- Energy-boosting system with sweat absorbance and breathable foam.
- The headrest will not remain in its extended position if you put your head forward.
- No locking system for a headrest.
This article has meticulously provided you with a pool of the best fourteen options of children’s car seats and boosters car seats to choose from as you place the next order for your baby.