When we try to migrate to Outlook from Lotus Notes, we need to convert the data files that are compatible with Outlook. Lotus Notes uses the NSF file format to save the mailbox data, and Outlook does not support it. Outlook uses PST and OST files to save its mailbox data on the local computer.
Lotus Notes is provided from IBM and Outlook is provided by Microsoft, Outlook is way better in functionalities, and you may want to use it.
Today, in this blog, we are going to share all the details about how you can convert your NSF files PST format to switch to Outlook with ease. There are two ways to convert the NSF to PST, and we will look at both of them. You can use whichever you want and be done with the process of converting NSF to PST.
Let’s get started.
Manual conversion of NSF to PST
When we are looking to convert the NSF to PST, there are two major steps that you need to follow. First, you have to export the NSF data to a compatible file for Outlook, i.e., CSV. And then, you can import that CSV in Outlook to view all your emails and attachments.
Export the NSF file to CSV – Follow these steps to export the NSF file to CSV.
- Open Lotus Notes on your system and go to NSF database files and open them.
- Now, click on the File option from the menu bar.
- Then, you have to click on the Export option from the drop-down menu.
- Now, you have to choose ‘Comma Separated Values’ as the file type and name the file, then click on the Export button.
- Now, a new dialog box will open with settings of what needs to be exported and click OK to start the process.
Import CSV to Outlook – Once you have the CSV file, you have to import it into the Outlook by following these steps.
- Now, you have to open the Outlook in your desired computer and click on the File tab.
- Then, click on the Open & Export option from the right side.
- Then, click on the Import/Export option from the right and then select ‘Import from another program or file’ in the next wizard, click Next.
- Now, browse for the converted CSV file, select it and click Next.
- Now, you have to select the destination folders you want to import the data to.
- Now, wait for the process to be finished and click on the Finish button to close the wizard.
Solution using Software
There is another solution to this conversion process when you don’t want to perform these typical steps. There are many third-party software available on the market that allows you to convert the NSF files with ease.
A Lotus Notes to Outlook converter tool from Shoviv is the best option we recommend. We’ve tried and tested this tool extensively, and you can rely on our analysis.
Shoviv Lotus Note to Outlook converter offers excellent features and allows you to convert multiple NSF files at the same time. The best part is that your data will be safe and secure as it has extensive security features. And you can also use this tool if your NSF file is broken, damaged, or password protected. Overall, it will be easy when you choose this tool to convert the NSF to PST.
If you’re worried about the interface, don’t be, you’ll feel right at home as it is designed with Outlook keeping in mind. And you’ll also get the demo version to test out the tool, with demo version you can convert first 50 items from each folder.
So, go on and check out the official website of Shoviv software and look at the features of Shoviv NSF to PST converter tool.
Well, we’ve looked at both the methods to convert NSF files to PST. Choose whichever feels right to you and your organization.