Put the farm to proper use
Plant cover crops for green manure
Maintain a proper fence
- Regularly take a walk along the borders of the farm and inspect the fence for any damages that need repairs or replacements.
- Ensure that the gates can latch properly and loose or rotten fencing posts are attended to.
- If you have installed an electric fence, use a voltmeter to see if there are any voltage drops at any point.
- Regularly check the insulators and replace whenever necessary.
- Ensure that the ground rods are in good contact.
- Adjust the tensions whenever there is a need to.
Observe proper maintenance of the farm buildings
Be realistic about your capacity
- Watering the plants and application of pesticides.
- Cleaning the feeding troughs for the livestock.
- Administering drugs to the livestock.
Ensure proper waste management