The Cisco Catalyst 2960-L series switch supports highly secure access, voice, data, and video access. The series of switches also deliver the required schedule management you need for your business. With the advancing technology, your company must make all the required changes rightfully just like other businesses in the industry or changing there are network switches. The most common features included in this Cisco Catalyst 2960 (WS-C2960-24pc-L) Series switches are the super-enhanced security measures, including the Cisco trusts that provide proper authentication security policy administration and access control. Along with this, you also get scalable network management for your business, Cisco energy-wise for power management where any additional costs are cut down, and speedy Gigabit Ethernet performance options, which are the real icing on the top.
The Cisco Catalyst 2960-L series switches have an LED area, two dual-purpose up-links, and the maximum port density of 24x Ethernet 10/100 Power over Ethernet (PoE) ports. The type of these switches is a topology with fixed Ethernet 10/100 BaseTX, Ethernet 10/100/1000 BaseT, and gigabit Ethernet (SFP). These series switches’ architecture includes a layer two switching of basic connectivity, voice enabling feature, and a layer 2 switching intelligent services. The series switches’ form factor has stand-alone and clustering and can be mounted on a rack and fixed.
High Resiliency and Availability
The hardware redundancy of the catalyst 2960-L series switches contains an external redundant power supply. But this is not all there is to these switches. They also offer high availability and resiliency in multiple options and functions. These various functions and options include broadcast suppression, backbone fast, Port fast, unicast suppression, spanning tree, 802.1w, 802.1s, Multicast suppression, uplink fast, and PVST.
The series also excel in the multiple management features that Cisco innovation has included in the designing and functioning of these switches. The numerous management features include web-based management, Cisco Discover Protocol (CDP), Clustering, Telnet Client, SPAN, CWSI, SNMP, RMON, Virtual Trunking Protocol (VTP), TFTP, BOOTP, Ciscoworks, RSPAN, and Ciscoview.
You can get these switches with gigabit Ethernet, fixed-configuration, LAN Lite, and entry-level enterprise-class layer two access. This new catalyst 2960-L series is the LAN Lite, a series that is of very high value, but it’s also straightforward and easy to use. These series switches are specifically designed to be used in out of wiring closet applications, branch offices, whether it may be small or big, and conventional workspaces. These L-Series switches do work all the easier for the user, not giving them a chance to get married or spend extra time on the switches’ functioning and operating.
Following are some of the many features of the Cisco Catalyst 2960-L series switches:
- The switches series have a higher mean time between any failure that is initially because they have no moving mechanical parts.
- They offer a Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) to support a power budget that goes up to 370W.
- The most notable and fascinating feature of catalyst 2960-L series switches is the advanced technology. Still, simple Energy Management features that come with another element, which proved to be highly useful, reduce power consumption.
- You can fix these switches in tiny spaces allowing you to have excellent and significant enough areas for a favorable working environment and conditions. You will get less than 11.5-inch depth fit in that regard to fit in efficiently and effectively in use cases, the perfect example of space limitation.
- The availability of gigabit Ethernet ports come along with line-rate forwarding. These switches either come in 8, 16, 24, or 48 gigabit Ethernet ports. You can get whichever suits the best for your users’ working environment or functioning because what you choose will directly or indirectly affect the efficiency of your work and its output.
- This series of switches also offer a fan less operation due to which these switches can operate effectively at a very high temperature even outside the wiring closet. Even when the temperature goes up as high as 55 degrees Celsius for the deployment outside the wiring closet, the switches can function perfectly. Therefore, you no longer have to worry about the operational temperature and whether the switches can function adequately if the temperature goes up very high in the wiring closet.
- You also get the most advanced and update Cisco iOS software features along with any newer updates. These updates of the Cisco iOS software are free at no additional cost, and you can get them quickly and quite simply from the Cisco website.
- You will also get an enhanced Limited lifetime warranty, which comes within the offer of next business day hardware replacement, which is the next level of enhancement of customer or user experience.
- For simplifying operations, you also get a USB console and RJ45 access.
- You will also get 2- or 4 Gigabit small form-factor pluggable uplinks.
- For Advanced Management and relatively easy deployment, you will also get an initiative web user interface.
Cisco Catalyst 2960WS C2960 24pc L series switches pack a basic layer two feature and power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) into a fanless and slim body reducing cables for small places, which brings flexibility to the many options you can install the switches at. For example, you can easily use these switches in office branches and retail outlets that have wiring closet requirements and very small or confined spaces. The 2960-L series of switches is ideal and best suited for school and hotel management with less than 50 users of any network on a particular floor, therefore providing an 802.1X authentication to different or varying access points. They are designed in such a way to offer operational simplicity to lower the overall TCO, enabling energy-efficient business operations, allowing the zero-touch deployment across WAN in addition to all features that are needed for management simplicity, for example, the user interface.