A water heater is a must in countries where the weather is always cold. Most people install water heaters without proper knowledge about them and later face setbacks in the system. A hot water system installation is not only for new heaters but also for a change in them. You need to check the type of hot water system that you need for your home. Tanks or tankless systems, simple solar hot water systems, or hydronic systems- there can be plenty of options in the market. So you can buy depending on the number of family members that you have at home.
When Do You Need A New Hot Water System?
The right hot water system requirement arises when there is freezing cold, frost that affects your plumbing system, and hence, for thawing the snow and to get back the pipes from a state of getting frozen, you can hire the hot water specialists to install the right system in your home. Water heaters, like other electronic devices, might have to be changed once in a while. Otherwise, they may become hazardous for daily use. Avoid leakages of any kind.
You might want to consider a new hot water system installation if your water heater has the following characteristics:
- Your family is growing, or you have additional people in your house. In this case, you may need a water heater that can cater to a large number of people.
- The water heater you have is very old and may be harmful for further use.
- Your water heating system releases contaminated hot water, which can cause health issues.
- If you are shifting to a new house, a different heater might better suit the water and pressure in the new locality.
If you notice any of the above signs in your heater, it might be time for a brand new hot water system installation.
What Should You Look For In A Water Heater?
When opting for a new hot water system, you must look for a few features in the system:
- Size: 50-gallon heater tanks are the ideal option. They can offer continuous hot water for large as well as nuclear families. However, you must examine your house to find out if the big tank can be placed within the space. If you choose the wrong size for the heater, it can lead to low energy efficiency.
- Energy Efficiency: You should think about the energy efficiency of the new hot water system. A new hot water system installation may not always fit your budget. However, it is not possible to harness solar energy during apparently cloudy days.
- Star Rating: Heating systems are classified based on their performance. Higher-rated hot water systems get five or six stars, whereas lower-rated heaters get two or three stars. This ensures what amount of electricity will be consumed as you run the heaters.
- Filter Factor: Installing a filter between the major water supply and the heater is a superior method. It helps filter out metal particles, silt, or sand from the water before it enters your heating system.
What Should You Look For In A Hot Water System Installation?
Here are a few things you must look for when installing a hot water system:
- Professionalism: Do not try to install a water heater by yourself. This can cause damage to you or your house. Seek professional help to install your heaters.
- Inspection Or Service: Inquire your heating system supplier if they offer any annual service or maintenance packages.
Water heating systems have become an essential part of our household, especially in colder regions. Hence, you must opt for the right hot water system installation option. Now you can choose hot water systems that have different capacities, wattage, and functionality. Check the price and buy accordingly.
Check out: Hard Water Problems and How to Fix Them