Walmart Cash Back Limit: Credit, Debit & Check (2022)
Walmart is one of the most popular stores in America and offers customers a variety of ways to pay for their purchases. You can use cash, debit cards, credit cards, or checks. Walmart also offers a cashback program that allows customers to receive a certain percentage of their purchase price back in the form of a credit on their account. In this article, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about cash back limit at Walmart and how it applies to different payment methods.
What is Walmart?
Walmart is a large and famous American multinational retail company that runs a big chain of grocery stores, hypermarkets, and department stores. Founded by Sam Walton in 1962, Walmart is the world’s largest company by revenue, with US$514.405 billion in 2020. It is also the largest private employer in the world, with 2.2 million employees. Walmart is a family-owned business, as the Walton family owns a 50.8% stake in the company.
What are the benefits of Walmart?
The benefits of Walmart include savings on everyday items, convenient locations, and a wide variety of merchandise. In addition, Walmart’s return policy is one of the most lenient in the retail industry, saving customers time and money. Besides this, Walmart also offers a cashback program, a great way to save even more money on purchases. All the details about the cash back limit at Walmart is given in this article.
What is Walmart Cash Back Limit?
Walmart’s cashback limit varies depending on the payment method used. For debit cards, the limit is $100 per transaction and $20 per day. The limit is $25 per transaction and $50 per day for credit cards. For checks, the limit is $3,000 per check.
How to Get Cash Back at Walmart?
There are a few different ways to get cash back at Walmart. All the ways to get cash back limit at Walmart are given below.
Through Debit card:
- To checkout, go to the register and scan your item like you usually do.
- When prompted, choose a debit card as your payment method and insert your debit card into the card reader.
- When the machine asks if you want to receive your money back, click Yes and input the amount you wish to.
- Now you have to confirm the transaction with the help of entering your PIN. If the machine does not offer the cashback, seek confirmation from the cashier before typing the PIN.
- After completing the transfer, you’ll notice that your account balance has decreased by the amount of your purchase and cashback.
- After this, the cashier will provide you with the cash and the receipt.
Through Credit card:
Unlike a debit card, there is no cashback when purchasing with a credit card. That is because if you do this to get cashback, the transaction frequently seems like a cash advance. Besides this, a credit card will incur an extra charge and interest on top of your card. You should use the Discover Card to pay rather than the credit card. This is ideal because there is usually no fee associated with using Discover Card.
Through personal checks:
The Walmart website also accepts personal checks as a payment option. When you pay with it, you may get your money back with the help of the following steps:
- Make sure to check out as usual when you are done shopping.
- In case you’re paying by cash, inquire with the cashier whether you can pay with a personal check. It is essential to provide government-issued identification.
- When you complete your purchase and receive your cashback, provide your identity and pay the cashier.
- The cashiers will use a check verification service to ensure that your payment is legitimate.
- The cashiers will scan your check through a check verification service to prevent cheating. If your check is not rejected, you will receive a voucher for your money back and a receipt.
What is the Walmart credit card cash back daily limit?
The cash back limit at Walmart on credit card is $50 per day. However, you may only get up to $25 cashback per transaction. So, we recommend splitting your purchase into two different transactions to get the maximum cashback. If you talk about the Walmart self-checkout cash back limit, it is $100, and you can earn per day $20.
What Are the Fees for Getting Cash Back at Walmart?
When you submit the money for withdrawal, Walmart does not charge a fee. They only bill what it costs to get the cash. Suppose that, for example, you spent $10 on items with a $50 bill and received $40 in change back, and you don’t need to pay fees. It is acceptable to use your card for payment at checkout. This cash withdrawal saves time and does not cost the merchant anything, so it’s a win-win for both parties.
Is There a Minimum Amount Required for Cash Back at Walmart?
There is no minimum amount required for cash back at Walmart. However, the store may limit the amount of cashback you can receive based on the payment method. Besides this, some banks may charge their fees for cash back transactions.
Can I Get Cash Back if I Use a Gift Card at Walmart?
Yes, you can get cash back if you use a gift card at Walmart. However, the amount of cashback you can receive is limited to $25 per transaction and $50 per day. However, there are no fees for getting cash back with a gift card.
We hope you found this article helpful in understanding the Walmart cashback limit. As you can see, there are different limits for different payment methods. So, if you want cash back at Walmart, use the correct payment method to avoid any issues.
Check out: 7 Things to Consider Before you Open a Store