What is WordPress development?
WordPress (WP) is probably the most popular and trusted Content Management System (CMS) in the world. Over 75 million websites run on it; it’s 31% of all websites globally. There are plenty of reasons why:
- It is highly customizable. There are numerous themes, both paid and free, to satisfy your needs and let you stand out with a unique style.
- WordPress development services scan adjusts to any site. WP is famous for being an affordable CMS for personal blogs. But it is also run by Techcrunch, CNN, Bloomberg, BBC America, Vogue, Mercedes-Benz, Facebook Newsroom, The Walt Disney Company, and the White House. You are in a good company.
- Speaking of the company: WP has one of the largest open-source communities in existence. You can find the necessary answers on its forum.
WordPress CMS development powers both the backend of the website (the interface where a user logs in to make changes or add new content) and the frontend (the visible part of the website that your visitors see on the web). The website that uses WordPress as its content management system (CMS) defines what a WordPress website in web development is.
WordPress development services:
There’s a lot you can do with WordPress if you know where to find the right tools. Almost any task or tool that’s essential to marketing—SEO, landing pages, social media sharing, or image optimization—can be handled in your WP dashboard. Let’s go through the main steps of WordPress development process:
- Website setup. You have to choose a website platform, a self-hosted WordPress.org site might be the perfect solution, and then get a website hosting and register your domain name. Bluehost is one of the largest hosting companies in the world. They are also an official WordPress recommended hosting partner and offer a variety of hosting plans from basic to prime. After the payment, you will be able to log in to the web hosting control panel. There is your hosting account dashboard where you manage everything like getting support, setting up emails, etc.
- Install WordPress. The next step is to install WordPress. Some hosting platforms do this automatically. You can also log in to the WordPress dashboard by simply going to yoursite.com/wp-admin/ directly from your browser.
- Select theme. It is a visual appearance of your site. WordPress themes are professionally designed templates that you can install on your website to change its appearance or add a new one. Once you have installed your theme, you can customize it by clicking on the Customize link under the Appearance menu. This will launch the theme customizer where you will be able to change your theme settings with a live preview of your website.
- Customizing. This step considers setting up a static front page and site navigation.
- Plugins. WordPress Plugins are like apps for your WordPress site. They allow you to add features and customizations to your WordPress site. Contact form, photo galleries, etc. When looking for a WordPress plugin, make sure to consider the following:
- Necessity (it must help you achieve your objectives.)
- Plugin star rating (how many users have rated it, and how high is the rating?)
- Recent updates (although some plugins don’t require frequent updates, some do. Ideally, look for plugins that have been updated in the last six months).
You can do it all yourself or turn to a WordPress development services company to get a wide range of services to create your brand site that will reflect the company’s uniqueness.
Outsource WordPress development
Let us explain the advantage of hiring a professional outsourced WordPress development company:
1. Convenient administration panel
Advanced Custom Fields or ACF allows rapid development of the menu bar across the project that can be duplicated where needed. Once completed, our clients may use it on their own and adjust the site seamlessly and without much hassle. Global
Moreover, there is a Flexible Content Preview for ACF. This feature lets our clients “screenshot” selected pages saving them as samples for future use. They also allow reverting recent changes without the headache of doing all the work manually.
2. Fast page loading
We achieve faster loading speed in your WP project using the following techniques.
- Adding styles and scripts. Google is ruthless towards new websites. There are thousands of rules that impact the search ranking of each project. One of them is PageSpeed Insights which is checking the length of website scripts. If the code is cluttered, it may load on a mobile much slower. Hence, the page will be downgraded. We solve this pain by hiding styles and scripts in website sections. Therefore, only the necessary modules are being activated for each given page clean code.
- Leveraging icon font. When clients use standard icons for their projects, there is a problem with a lack of differentiation, adaptivity, and potentially higher loading speed. We fix this by offering bespoke web design and programming icons to load as a single element. As a result, we can easily change the color and size of your project’s icons or even add a shadow around them. There is also a possibility to rotate them, adjust their opacity or make them transparent.
- Optimizing images. Another life hack we often use is the asynchronous loading of images. When a visitor goes to a site, he may not see an image from the start. Thus, there is no need to load it. This cuts the waiting time and signals Google that the page is optimized.
Additionally, we adopted Lozad.js as a company standard to show images of different sizes to increase the loading speed. For instance, there will be an alternative 32×32 pixels miniature of blue background instead of a clear high-quality image of the ocean. It’s a worthy compromise between speed and UX. When a reader stops scrolling at this image, it would change to a small but detailed picture on a mobile or a full-scale beautiful photo on a desktop.
3. Web development speed
Behind our disciplined and quality work stands a clear and organized approach. We employ PhpStorm Live templates to reuse samples of code. Our team relies on proven development practices and utilizes clear templates to minimize these bugs in the future.
Similarly, we operate with Plop.js code generators to do the following:
- quick file creation using templates
- ability to support complex architecture
- ability to modify files
- convenient settings and configuration
4. Clean code
TRIARE stands for Three “R” encoded in our corporate culture. One of these values is a responsibility that equally applies to every step of our work. We ensure that after successful cooperation with our team the client is given a neat repository with an organized codebase.
To achieve this, we follow simple rules. First, we use eslintrc configuration for tidying up JS and SCSS. This gives a project with many developers a clear guideline on how to write consistently. Moreover, when new team members join, they can quickly catch up. Second, we group the files in ACF in folders according to their functions. So even if the project design changes, it doesn’t create a bottleneck on the development level. After all, folder navigation is smooth and straightforward.
Which one is better? Laravel vs. WordPress