Anyone can encounter slip and fall injuries in which a person may have twisted his foot or stepped on some uneven stair or floor. A personal injury lawyer is the best person who can help you get the compensation that you deserve. The most challenging part of these cases is that it takes a good amount of time to establish the case and hold another liable for compensation. If you are facing problems in doing so, you must contact a reputed Jersey City personal injury lawyer with years of experience in dealing with such cases.
Questions an attorney tries to find the answer for
When a person files for a personal injury claim, he or she has to prove that the accident has occurred because someone else acted irresponsible and did not take the necessary measures to repair the floor or property. Your attorney will come up with a few questions such as:
- If the injured person visited the place legally and was not trespassing
- The owner was aware of the visits
- Did the damage or the condition of the property was noticeable or avoidable?
- Did the owner place warning signs on the property such as ‘wet floor’ or ‘beware’
- If the injuries may happen to anyone visiting the property
Based on the answer to these questions, the attorney will prepare his case and file a claim for the compensation.
To strengthen the case, the case has to pass legal criteria as mentioned below:
- Breach of duty- Whether it was private or public property, the owner should have informed the condition of the property well in advance.
- Duty of care- The property owner has to ensure that the social guests or the customers remain safe on the property during their visit unless they are entering the property illegally.
- Causation- If the condition of the property directly caused slip and fall resulting in the injury to a person, the owner is liable for personal injury compensation.
- Losses or damages- In this case, the victim may have suffered physical, emotional, and financial losses due to injuries.
Hiring an attorney can help
If you want to win the case, it is strongly recommended to hire a personal injury lawyer who knows the ins and outs of personal injury law. He helps you make your case stronger by using his skills, expertise, tactics, and tools.