Planning a vacation is a costly affair, and the most expensive part of your holiday will be your flights to India. You may not notice it at first, but you will have to spend the most amount of money on your flight tickets. Flying long haul is especially expensive as you travel to a faraway destination. Many aspects govern the price that you pay for your flight tickets. From your destination to the time of travel to the website you book with, are some factors that decide how much money you will be spending on making the reservations.
There are plenty of tricks and hacks that can help you reduce the price of your flight tickets, and you must have heard them numerous times before. One search on the internet and you will be flooded with advice from various sources. Most often than not, this advice can prove to be way more overwhelming and confusing than it is useful. That is why you need to skip the tips that won’t help you and pick the ones that will allow you to slash the airfares.
Don’t know where to get useful ideas? Here is a list of secrets that will make sure you unlock the best deals on your flight tickets.
- Be Flexible With Your Flight Route: When you choose to take an Atlanta to Mumbai flight, there are multiple routes that you can choose. The route options that you get to come at different price points. However, this is only the case with connecting flights. Depending on the route you choose to take, which basically means the destination of your layover, you can save a ton of money on your flight tickets. If you choose to fly on a popular route and take a layover at a popular destination, you will have to shell out a considerably larger sum of money on your flight tickets. However, when you choose to fly on routes that aren’t preferred by most passengers, you can manage to make a considerable amount of saving on your trip.
- Fly To Secondary Airports: Whenever you fly to a major destination you will notice that most places have multiple airports. While most cities tend to have two airports, one big and the other small, some cities may even have more than two. That is mainly because the traffic is high, and the airports are divided based on the airlines and destinations. So, if you choose to fly to secondary airports when you are flying to a major city, you can get affordable flight tickets. Most secondary airports are served by smaller budget airlines that offer cheaper tickets in comparison to major airlines. It would be a good idea to trade some creature comforts for money and fly to a secondary airport. One thing that you need to consider when you fly to a secondary airport is the distance between the airport and the city center. Many times you may book a flight to a secondary airport in dreams of saving the big bucks but end up spending extra on ground transportation. Always look at the bigger picture to avoid spending extra.
- Look For Alternative Routes: As mentioned earlier, you get multiple flight route options when you book your flight tickets. In this case, you need to look for alternative route options to save money. That is only a good idea if you have time to spare, as often time, the alternative route will turn out to be a much longer way of getting to your destination. Sometimes you may even need to take a considerably long layover at the airport to ensure that you get a cheap flight ticket. You will be surprised at how much money you can save when you fly on alternative routes or take a longer layover. Although it is a minor inconvenience, the money that you save will make it worth your while at the end of the day.
- Get On The Social Media Wagon: Social media is an incredibly powerful tool that you can utilize when searching for cheap flight tickets to any destination. Just like anyone else, airlines also have a visible online presence, and you need to be aware of it. With accounts on popular social media websites like Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook, airlines offer great deals for their followers. If you follow airlines on social media, you can be one of the first ones to find out about any airfare deals offered by airlines online. Finding out about these deals as early as possible will ensure that you get the chance to grab these discount deals before anybody else. So, get onto a social media application of your choice and stay alert about any discounts offered by airlines on their accounts. Do not waste your time and grab the offers as soon as they are published online. Also, stay updated about any future deals to book your flight tickets well in advance.
- Make Reservations Directly With Airlines: Most people book with online ticket booking portals without ever checking out the deals offered by airlines directly on their websites. That is a huge mistake that people make when they are looking for cheap flight tickets. Although online ticket booking platforms have some superb deals on offer, sometimes airlines can also publish some economical deals on their websites. It is always a good idea to do your research and compare the price of flight tickets on airline websites as well as third-party ticketing websites. Doing so will ensure that you do not miss out on any exclusive deals that are offered by airlines. Booking with airline websites also comes with the added advantage of saving up on any additional fees. As every offer is totally transparent on such websites, you can be sure that you won’t be tricked into paying any hidden fees while checking out. Trusting an official airline website will prove to be much more beneficial than booking with a third party ticket booking platform.
Armed with these secret hacks, you are all set to book your flights to India and embark on the trip of your dreams. No matter what your budget is, you will be able to find the deal that fits your budget seamlessly, and you will be able to save money on your flight tickets.
Read more: Discover Switzerland Tour