If you got into the fashion industry by turning your love of clothing and accessories into a side hustle or a full-time business, you may not be an expert in marketing, and knowing how to get your business noticed and making sales can be challenging.
Whether you run a business based on t-shirt printing in Montreal or you sell hand-crafted jewellery in Toronto, the following tips can help you increase your fashion business’s sales.
Know Your Target Market
In today’s economy, data is key, and there is no more valuable information than knowing your ideal customer.
By identifying a demographic, you feel is your ideal clientele, you’ll be able to anticipate when they will need your clothing or accessories, what styles they like and what marketing messages bring you the most sales.
Also, make sure that you’re continually getting customer feedback that lets you know why your customers purchase specific pieces. This can help you identify new sales opportunities and optimize sales for your best sellers.
Feedback can also give you valuable information about areas of improvement to help you retain customers and hopefully win over new ones.
Marketing Your Goods
This is another reason why knowing your customer is so important. Knowing if they’re more likely to spend their time on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, TokTok, Reddit, etc., will tell you where you should focus your marketing effort. Knowing your customer will also help you craft your marketing and advertising messaging more effectively.
But marketing is mostly about knowing who you are as a brand. Going through a proper branding exercise goes a long way in helping you find a voice and tone that gets you noticed by your target market and gives you the credibility and authenticity that are vital to connect with your audience and get them to buy into what you’re selling.
Customer Service is Key
It’s always cheaper and more profitable to retain and increase sales through your current customers than it is to sell to new ones. Customer service is vital for the all-important returning customer sales. These are the basics of good customer service:
- Pay special attention to what your clients like and, more importantly, what they don’t like about their experiences with your business.
- Be Reliable. On-time order processing and a fair and transparent return or dispute policy could be all you need to make you dependable to your customers.
- Convenience. Offer different payment options such as credit card, Interac, etc.
- Quality Products. Cutting corners may make you temporary profits, but long-term sales help you survive and become successful.
- Make sure your products are competitively priced such as Gucci purses for sale online, cover your expenses, and allow you to make a profit.
- Offering a wide variety isn’t necessarily always a good thing. Know what makes you money and what doesn’t.
Going above and beyond to show customers you appreciate their business is a good way to ensure that you keep them coming back for more. This could mean a loyalty program to reward your customers and incentivize them to buy more or a simple thank you email. You’ll also want to get your customers to sign-up to your mailing list so you can let them know about new products and collection drops. Offering a discount for registrations can help increase those sign-ups.