Many women will give anything to have blemish-free and spotless skin. This, however, does not come on a platter of gold, as there are many things involved. The skin, being the largest body organ, needs delicate and optimum care as it contributes to one’s beauty.
It is not until you dedicate hundreds of dollars to beauty and skincare products before getting flawless skin. By changing your habits and lifestyle, getting spotless skin is possible. It only comes down to how much you are willing to make it happen.
1. Your Cleanser Should be rich in nutrients.
There are a series of cleansers out there today with varying ingredients. This explains why many people go to wash their faces and discover a fresh blemish. It can lead to frustration since you expected the Cleanser to get rid of such, but it ends up irritating your skin and causing breakouts.
Many cleansers these days dehydrate the skin, according to research, without any added benefit, which should not be the case.
Consider a cleanser rich in natural ingredients that can prevent the buildup of dirt and makeup. Such Cleanser should be strong enough to fight bacteria and other microorganisms without causing a breakout. The presence of healing antioxidants and essential fatty acids should also be prioritized.
2. Be Gentle with Your Skin
Here are some recommended habits of caring for your skin:
- Reduce bath time, especially with hot water, to get rid of oils from the skin. Instead, use warm water and reduce bath time.
- Do away with strong soap as the harsh detergent can get rid of oil from the skin. Your cleansers should be mild as well.
- You need to protect your skin before shaving by using shaving lotion, gel, or cream. Your shaving should be in the direction of your hair growth, not against it.
- Moisturize dry skin, and be sure to use the one that fits your exact skin types. A moisturizer with SPF is the best choice.
To improve your overall beauty, consider using nail gel polish to enhance your appearance and complement your great skin.
3. Your Meals should be Balanced and Nutritious.
If you are malnourished, the skin is the first body organ that will reflect it. The skin perfectly reflects the nature of our meals. This explains why dehydration will be visible through dry and patched skin. Your food should be rich in vitamins, vegetables, and fruits to help keep the skin healthy.
Spicy foods, foods with excessive sugar, etc., are not suitable for the skin. We recommend the following food for all skin types:
- Antioxidants will fight inflammation, which helps the skin renew itself and get rid of all visible damages. Food choices to consider are seeds, green tea, spinach, green tea, etc.
- Vitamin C Rich Foods: Vitamin C boosts collagen production, which is responsible for flawless skin. When the body lacks vitamin C, the skin will reveal this via fine lines, wrinkles, aging, etc. Vitamin C is abundant in oranges, broccoli, red pepper, etc.
- Iron and Zinc: Zinc facilitates cell production, giving the skin a healthy look. Iron helps ensure every important body part, including the skin, gets oxygen, supporting skin glow. Recommended food choices are legumes, eggs, milk, and red meat.
- Healthy Fats: Seeds and nuts have nutritious fats that benefit the skin immensely. The presence of omega-3 fatty acids in nuts is beneficial for the skin. Foods like fish, almonds, walnuts, etc., are best.
4. Hydration is Key
Skin comes in different types, and your specific skin type will dictate some of your care routines. It is essential to balance sebum production, encourage hydration and avoid flakes for all skin types. You can also get rid of dead skin cells with lotion and promote a smooth feeling by applying an oil layer.
Before choosing any skincare product, especially cream and lotion, make sure to consider the ingredient as it could react with your skin type. Also, the presence of any underlying skin condition like acne or eczema should guide your choice of skin. This condition might worsen due to poor choice of moisturizer. In addition to moisturizing your skin with hydrating products, it’s also important to make sure you’re drinking enough water throughout the day. This will help your body process toxins that contribute to dull-looking skin. Mobile IV therapy in Bakersfield is another way to rehydrate your body and detoxify it quickly, helping your skin get that radiant glow.
5. Always Use Sunscreen
No matter your skin type, make sure to always prioritize sunscreen, especially with (Sun Protection Factor) SPF 30 or above. Most skin types will benefit from a Sun Protection Level of 30 as it can block 97% of UV rays.
For people that will spend a lot of time outdoors, constant reapplication is vital, especially every two hours. Also, on overcast days, UV rays penetrate windows which makes it important to wear sunscreen while inside. Make this part of your daily skincare habit.
6. Wash Your Face Twice Daily
Washing of the face is essential for all, especially people prone to oily skin. You need to make this a habit every day, morning, and evening especially if you use makeup. Over the night, the skin experiences some significant changes, making it essential to wash it after waking up. With this, you can get rid of dead cells and bacteria and get your skin ready for makeup.
Washing off in the evening is also essential to eliminate pollutants and toxins the skin has been exposed to. Make sure to use clean water and not makeup removal to wash your face.
Caring for your skin does not have to cost you a lot of money. Basic things like regular washing, using sun shields, hydration, etc., will go a long way to help with the perfect skin.