5 Changes you can make to your Bathroom to give it a Modern Look
If you’re looking for a bathroom makeover, you’re at the right place – I have gathered some tips to help you in this process. Don’t worry, I haven’t listed ways by which, you don’t have to go for a complete remodeling. Only a few changes will do the work.
So, without further ado, let’s quickly dive in!
Upgrade your bathroom sink
The Bathroom Sink is like the bed of your bedroom – the center of attraction. So, replacing that with something modern will automatically change the whole look of the space. There are varieties of sinks available in the market for you to choose from, including.
- Top mount basin: This kind of sink is inserted into the counter from the top and is secured by mounting clips.
- Undermount basin: The installation process of the under-mount basin is different from the previous one. It is fitted from beneath, and the rim of the bowl joins the bottom of the basin.
- Vessel basin: You may have seen vessel basins in many restaurants or hotels. It looks like a bowl and is placed on the surface without under-mount installation. If you are interested in buying this type of basin, choose a tall bowl to avoid water splashing on the countertop.
- Wall-mounted basin: This type of sink hangs from the wall. You can either expose the plumbing or conceal it in the wall. The wall-mounted basin looks great in small bathrooms.
- Console Basin: It is a combination of wall-mounted and pedestal models. Console basins can stand freely or are wall-mounted. This has two or four legs. You can use it as a basin or as a counter.
- Semi-recessed basin: These basins are made from a slab of stone and are also popular as half-under sinks.
If you don’t know where to begin your search, start from Reece Plumbing & Bathrooms – they have various types for you to explore.
Pick a stylish mirror
The mirror is an important element of the bathroom. A large mirror can create the illusion of a spacious bathroom, even if small. While buying a mirror, make sure it can be easily mounted on your cabinets and doesn’t require a separate space.
Improve the lighting of the bathroom
Modern pillar wall lights enhance your bathroom aesthetics by several times. But if you don’t have the budget for it, you can install a few dim lights in the bathroom and get rid of the bulbs.
Bulbs not only consume more electricity but also have a shorter life span. So instead, replace them with LEDs.
You can also set up wall sconces on each side of the mirror. Ensure they are at your eye level to avoid shadows on your face.
Change the paint of the bathroom wall
Experiment with contemporary colors to give a modern look to your bathroom. You can try cool blue, indigo blue, gray, mauve, powder blue, pistachio, or even mustard if you want an elegant look.
But if you’re eyeing a more playful look, go for colors like light pink, teal, rose pink, lavender, or hunter green and combine them with bold wallpaper.
Explore different wallpapers depending on your wall colors, and don’t hesitate to try something new and bold.
Design it with indoor plants
Indoor plants can add texture to your bathing space and make the atmosphere healthy.
You can opt for a wall moss design if you have a high budget. Here a small part of your bathroom’s wall will be decorated with moss, and when you place your bathtub near the wall, it will appear as if you’re taking a bath in the lap of nature.
Other than that, you can also keep Orchids, ZZ plants, Begonia, or peace lilies in the washroom.
Over to you…
Apart from the points listed above, you can replace your old bathroom rug with something modern that matches the wallpaper (if you have one!).
If hot water pipes or any other water pipes create a distraction, wrap them with ropes to give the space a classy look. Or, if you’re still left confused, consult an interior designer to get customized solutions for your bathroom.