Invisalign is one of the most popular orthodontic treatments. This is due to the new technology it uses to get the teeth straightened. Although Invisalign is a trusted orthodontic treatment, it may not be suitable for everyone, and just like other orthodontic treatments, it has its up and downsides. Different people have unique needs, and their treatment may require certain things, and this is a major determiner of the type of treatment anyone would use irrespective of how good a treatment option is.
This guide about Invisalign would help you know if your misalignment or bite problem can be corrected with Invisalign. Contact us for the best Invisalign near me. You can also visit this cosmetic dentist in clackamas if you’re interested in getting Invisalign. -second para, last sentence
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an orthodontic device that uses a series of clear aligner trays to straighten the teeth. The aligner trays are made from patented plastic that is strong enough to apply pressure to the right parts of the teeth and move them to a better position for your smile to be perfect.
How does Invisalign work?
Invisalign and Invisalign Teen are made of BPA-free plastic aligners that are custom made to fit perfectly over each patient’s teeth. Before your Invisalign Treatment near me, your orthodontist would digitally take the impression of your teeth using an intraoral scanner. Your orthodontist would also use the Invisalign advanced technology to create a 3D treatment plan from the scans, x-rays, and photos of your mouth. Using the 3D software, your orthodontist would move your teeth into their right position to give you an idea of what to expect after your treatment.
Your aligners would then be made according to your treatment specification. Each set of the aligner is made to move the teeth gradually until the end of your treatment.
The upsides of Invisalign
Here are a few upsides of Invisalign that makes it a trusted orthodontic option.
- With the Invisalign technology that utilizes the Trios scanner, you can see the before and after pictures of your teeth, and the look of your teeth at every stage of your treatment. You would not have to use the traditional impression material as your teeth impression would be taken digitally.
- Invisalign treatment is usually precise as the technology involved makes this easier. All the necessary adjustments would be made on the 3D model of your teeth before your treatment even begins.
- The aligners used to move the teeth are made from smooth and flexible plastic materials, so you do not have to worry about the traditional brackets and wire that could irritate your gum, lips or cheeks. You don’t have to worry about avoiding certain sports during your treatment.
- Invisalign is made to be convenient and removable so you can take your aligners out to brush, floss, eat, and drink anything other than water. With Invisalign, you can maintain your oral hygiene routine, which is different from using traditional braces where you spend a lot of time trying to clean your brackets and wires. You would also have no eating restrictions, which is quite the opposite of traditional braces.
- Invisalign is made to offer discreet treatment, so the aligners are virtually invisible. This feature is the most beneficial for people who want to straighten their teeth without people noticing. With Invisalign, adults and teens can go about their personal and social life without worrying about how they look, and this improves their self-confidence.
- With Invisalign, there are no dental appointments for adjustments all you need is your series of aligners and visits to your orthodontist to check the progress of your treatment. This means that you would need fewer dental visits.
- Teeth whitening during Invisalign treatment is possible, but while using braces, the brackets and wires cover some parts of your teeth, so teeth whitening cannot be done.
- Invisalign treatment may be a great option for people who want to cut down on snacking because you have a limited time to take off your aligner. The time you have to take out your aligners may only accommodate cleaning your teeth and having a few meals each day.
Downsides of Invisalign
- For now, Invisalign is effective for correcting mild to moderate orthodontic problems, but the more severe cases may need braces.
- Invisalign aligners need to be worn for at least twenty-two hours every day. Taking your aligners out would be to only eat or clean your mouth, and after each meal, you need to brush your teeth then clean the aligners before putting them back into your mouth. This limits your snacking time, and the routine may be stressful for some persons.
- Invisalign has only been available for a couple of years, and most people only trust treatments that have been available for a longer time.
- For your Invisalign treatment to be successful, you need the self-discipline to wear the aligners for the recommended number of hours, and most people lack this kind of discipline. This may also pose a serious problem for teens who want to use Invisalign. However, Invisalign Teen has a feature that keeps track of the number of hours the aligners are worn.
- Your Invisalign treatment may require tooth-colored attachments to move your teeth properly. The attachment would be cemented to your teeth throughout your treatment.
Invisalign vs braces; which should I get?
Invisalign uses the latest orthodontic technology to straighten the teeth, but, other factors also contribute to the success of your treatment like the experience of your orthodontist on Invisalign treatment and your level of discipline.
If you are yet to choose between Invisalign and braces, ensure you get an experienced Invisalign orthodontist. Your orthodontist would have to examine your teeth to help you decide which of these options would be best for you.