Online casinos have to keep up with the hottest new technology in order to stay relevant and provide their players with the best gaming experience possible. Recent years have seen unparalleled casino industry growth enhanced by emerging tech, including the utilization of high-speed video streaming, artificial intelligence (AI), secure cryptocurrency wagering, interactive igaming, and even virtual reality (VR). No one knows what the future of online casino gaming has in store, but we can be sure that the latest technology will be the main attraction of the show. Let’s take a closer look at the brave new world of modern igaming, including some features that you’re likely to see a lot more of in the coming years:
The Future of Live Dealer iGames
One notable advantage of modern igaming technology is the wider availability of live dealer games, in which players can get in on the action with professional dealers and croupiers in real-time. High-speed live table streams enable players to enjoy an authentic and luxurious land-based casino experience from the comfort of their homes, with no lagging or lengthy buffering speeds to interrupt the flow of play. There are a variety of instant live dealer games available to play online via a range of reputable casino platforms, including Spin Casino as reviewed and rated here. Instant messaging, live wagering, and video streaming is an indispensable tool that is also used by many modern sportsbook betting platforms, while emerging VR technology is highly compatible with the live dealer game format, as outlined further down the page.
- Fast or Instant Streaming Speeds: The increasing availability of high-speed internet and developments in streaming and video call technology have enabled gamers to get into the action with live dealer games instantly, enjoying smooth video and audio streaming without having to worry about connection speed. Gamers may also place wagers and communicate with the dealer and other players instantly at the touch of a button.</li>
- Land-Based Casino Simulation: Live dealer games are the online equivalent of land-based table games which feature a dealer or croupier. As such, live dealer games are said to provide the most authentic and thrilling simulation of real-world casino gameplay available to experience online. Many sites make use of the best software and modern tech to offer ultra-realistic renditions of edge-of-your-seat land-based casino table action.
- Make Friends as You Play: Taking its cue from the rise of social media, the online casino industry has increasingly made use of instant messaging technology to up the ante on the social aspect of igaming. Live dealer games often enable gamers to interact with other players at the table, experiencing the igaming community in a more meaningful way.
Artificial Intelligence Systems for iGaming
<p>While the term ‘artificial intelligence’ may conjure up negative associations with killer robots and sentient supercomputers, AI is in fact a major emerging asset to the online casino industry, and indeed the wider world. Some modern artificial intelligence programs are so sophisticated that they can beat humans in a game of poker, which of course holds unlimited potential when it comes to igaming. AI serves a plethora of purposes and potential advantages for online casino gamers, including added safety and security, increased personalization and tailored gaming, better customer service, and the reduction of problematic gambling behaviors – indeed, AI systems have already been used to promote responsible gambling, as a tool for helping players to cool off or limit their gaming.
- Safe & Secure Online Casinos: AI programs written by cyber-security specialists provide failsafe protection for many of the best online casinos. AI can be used to keep confidential player data and payments secure, and can detect fraudulent activity or potential breaches automatically.</li>
- Identifies & Manages Problematic Gambling: AI systems have been developed to identify gambling patterns that could be deemed as problematic or irresponsible – in this sense, AI is extremely effective when it comes to using data to monitor igaming habits and ensure that players are kept safe. Many modern online casinos use AI cut-off or cool-off systems to place a limit on gaming that could be considered harmful or risky. These automatic cap programs can go a long way in reducing monetary loss and encouraging responsible gambling online.
- Personalised iGaming: The best online casino platforms use AI technology and algorithms to identify the interests and playing behaviors of individual players – this enables an automatically personalized igaming experience that’s specifically tailored to you.
Virtual Reality iGames
<p>While the use of VR in computer games is well-documented, the selection of VR online casino games remains relatively slim. Nevertheless, as the technology continues to advance, we are likely to see a marked increase in VR casino content in the coming years, including a more plentiful array of immersive games available to enjoy with a VR headset. The advantages of this technology are obvious when it comes to increasing gameplay quality, but are also especially powerful in terms of adding an extra level of authenticity to live dealer titles and interactive table games.
- Immersive & Realistic: The immersive element of VR online casino games is unparalleled, and headsets enable players to experience a realistic and atmospheric casino environment that goes beyond the realms of 3D. While you may not be able to taste or smell the online casino environment around you just yet, who knows what the future might hold!
- Physical Gaming Element: The physical element of many casino table games cannot be underestimated, and its subtle nuances are often lost when playing online. Fortunately, VR technology enables a true-to-life playing experience in which you can pick up on the mannerisms, expressions, and movements of other players, potentially picking up some physical ‘tells’ that could win you the game!
Crypto Payments & Blockchain Security
Modern technology and AI systems have not only enabled gamers to access a bigger selection of games with better graphics, but players today also have far more options when it comes to making secure cash wagers and withdrawals. Many of the best online casinos enable their members to make real money bets using cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin while cutting-edge blockchain technology ensures that your online playing funds are safer than ever before. Online casinos and igaming platforms support real money transactions via multiple digital payment providers available these days, so you should be able to find flexible options to suit you.
- Blockchain Technology Security: Blockchain tech is a type of Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) that records financial transactions using an ‘un-hackable’ crypto-signature, known as a hash. Essentially, blockchain technology affords online casinos and their players with bulletproof security when it comes to real money deposits, wagers and withdrawals. Many leading online casino platforms make use of blockchain tech to protect their payment systems, and it’s easy to see why.
- Crypto Wagers & Withdrawals: The online casino market has fully embraced crypto technology, and many online platforms allow their players to make secure wagers and withdrawals using their preferred cryptocurrency. While Bitcoin (BTC) may be the most well-known cryptocurrency online, other popular coins include Ethereum (ETH), Tether (USDT), Binance Coin (BNB), and U.S. Dollar Coin (USDC). Whichever of these you may decide to use, you are sure to find an online casino to accommodate your wagers.
- Flexible Payment Methods: As well as cryptocurrency and the more traditional payment methods including bank wire transfer, many modern online casinos also enable their players to make payments and withdrawals using a range of digital wallet providers including Paypal, Neteller, Skrill, EcoPayz, and Paysafecard. Gamers may also place wagers using credit and debit providers such as Visa, American Express, Maestro, and MasterCard.
The Future of iGaming
While there’s nothing wrong with the old land-based favourites, there’s no denying that modern technology has enabled a rich online casino gaming landscape that’s more diverse, interactive, immersive, and inclusive than ever before. The future of online casino gaming is bright, and the continuous influx of groundbreaking new technology continues to expand its horizons.