Mohammed bin Rashid City, also known as MBR City, is one of the most famous and biggest multifunctional communities in Dubai. The estimated value of the project is AED 30 billion, as it was announced in the second half of 2012. It includes ultra-modern tourist attractions, leisure and recreational facilities, numerous green spaces, and the wold’s biggest artificial lagoon. The Riviera MBR residential community is located there.
The project was expected to be completed by 2020. The commissioning of finished project has already begun and most of the area with anticipated properties, such as Dubai Hills Estate and One District, have already been completed. But eventually, the developers decided to add many new projects.
The community is situated between Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Highway, Sheikh Zayed Highway and Al Khail Highway. It provides good transport connections. Local real estate is perfect for families with children as two international educational institutions can be found in close proximity, Hartland International School and North London Collegiate School.
The community has become famous with the help of the neighbouring 5-star The Meydan hotel. The area is also attractive for animal lovers, as there is a equestrian and falconry center here. In the future, there will be a lively atmosphere with a selection of eateries, entertainment venues, retail stores, and other leisure and recreation facilities.
In MBR City, housing properties are constructed according to the concept of sustainable development in order to save energy, create a natural environment, and support sustainability. Within the community you can find:
- Studios and one- to four-bedroom apartments;
- Two- to eight-bedroom villas;
- Two- to five-bedroom townhouses.
You can learn more about the average studio and apartment prices in MBR City in the following table (in the UAE dirhams):
|Property type||The average price|
The following table shows the average villa prices in the community (in the UAE dirhams):
|Property type||The average price|
Townhouse prices in MBR City start at AED 1.1 million. A spacious five-bedroom housing unit with all sorts of amenities, like a swimming pool and private garden, will cost around AED 5 million.
Despite the fact that the construction of MBR City has not yet been completed, local property owners already have easy access to important infrastructure facilities necessary for a comfortable life:
- Outlets. The community is only a 15-minute drive from the popular Dubai Mall and Mercato Shopping Mall. They have retail stores, restaurants, and a wide range of entertainment options. There are several supermarkets within a 10-minute drive. Locals go to these shops to buy food. Meydan One Mall will be open soon in the neighbourhood, with more than 600 retail stores and 100 points of public catering, the world’s largest dancing fountain, indoor water sports facilities, and a 1 km long ski slope.
- Restaurants. By the end of 2022, many restaurants will be open in the community. Currently, the following restaurants are available: The Cheesecake Factory (desserts) and P.F. Changs (Fine dining) in Dubai Mall, At.mosphere (Fine dining) in the Burj Khalifa, Ewaan (International Cuisine) in Palace Downtown Hotel, Amore Café (Mediterranean Cuisine) and Al Hamidieh Downtown (Arabic Cuisine) in Downtown Dubai.
- Educational institutions. As mentioned above, there are two schools in the area – Hartland International School and North London Collegiate School. Both educational establishments boast highly qualified teachers and modern equipment. The first school offers the British Curriculum, the second school uses the International Baccalaureate Programme. After graduation, local residents can enroll in one of the DIAC universities in 20 minutes from the community.
- Medical institutions. Since MBR City is known for its central location. Many basic infrastructure can be found in nearby areas or within the community. Famous hospitals, such as Emirates Hospital Dubai, are within a 15-minute drive. Community residents can also contact nearby Aster Clinic and Mediclinic Welcare Hospital.
- Beaches. In the near future, the world’s largest lagoon will be opened in the community, and an artificial beach will be completed on the 7-kilometer reservoir for local residents and tourists.
Assistance with buying property in Dubai
A broad range of Dubai properties of various configurations and price categories is listed in the catalogue of the Emirates.Estate aggregator. Contact the highly qualified specialists to receive assistance with choosing the best housing option and get full support during a real estate transaction.