Connect with us


How to Apply for a Tier 2 (General) Visa from India to the UK?



Visa from India to the UK

The United Kingdom has become a superb destination for numerous talented laborers and students from India. The nation extends to open doors for phenomenal employment opportunities. Everything in the UK, from the way of life, pollution-free climate, wellbeing to fabulous infrastructure, the sky’s the limit from there. Consistently, individuals in high numbers are moving to the UK for work, study, and visit purposes.

The United Kingdom has a strong and growing economy. Various great companies are operating and investing in the UK. Also, there has been a massive demand for Skilled workers post Brexit from different sectors such as Finance, Tech, Healthcare, Tourism, Entertainment, Humanities, Hospitality, etc. You should know that failing to acknowledge immigration law roles and responsibilities can have drastic repercussions for your visa in the UK. Immigrants are under an obligation to prevent illegal work. All the people moving to the UK to work, the majority of them (almost two-thirds, in fact) apply for the Skilled Worker visa.

Recently at the end of 2019, The United Kingdom introduced a points-based immigration system, which will come into effect from January 2021. Some of the best immigration lawyers believe that this new system will provide an opportunity for all immigrants despite looking for their countries; the focus will be on their skills.


What is the new point-based system?

In this new system, the candidates will be offered points for specific skills. They have to be very careful while preparing their application for the visa. You have to achieve a score of 70 points from the five different areas of assessment to be eligible for a visa.

See also  A Business Guide: How to Appeal to Your Local Market

Having a valid Certificate of Sponsorship (30 Points)

To get 30 points and entry to the UK, an applicant must have a valid  Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) from the employer who has granted you a job. The employer must have a Tier 2 Sponsor Licence and have been issued with the CoS that confirms that you have a job offer.

The employer has fulfilled the Resident Labour Market Test (RLMT) requirements, or the job is exempt from the Resident Labour Market Test condition. The position in question fulfills the Tier 2 minimum skill level condition, which should be reviewed in the Codes of Practice for Skilled Workers.

Home Office has defined two types of Certificate of Sponsorship which are –

  1. Restricted Certificates of Sponsorship – These certificates are given to prospective employees living outside the UK and wishing to work in the UK to pay less than €159,600 a year unless the job role is an inward investment post.
  2. Unrestricted Certificate of Sponsorship – When you apply for your license, you’ll have to tell the home office how many tiers two and tier 5 certificates are required. You will be working in a position that pays £159,600 a year or more or will be working in an inward investment post. You have to prove that you seriously need the number of certificates that you have asked for.

Receiving an appropriate salary from the job being offered (20 Points)

If you are a Tier 2 (General) visa applicant, you must have a job offer that pays an appropriate salary. The right salary differs from job to job, and also by your experience. Usually, the less experienced ‘new entrants’ must be paid at least £20,800 per annum, where skilled workers must earn at least £30,000, or the appropriate rate based on the SOC (Standard Occupational Classification) code.

See also  Gateway to the Subcontinent: A Courier to India Selection Guide

English language Requirements (10 Points)

You have to prove that you can read, write, speak and listen in English, which you can prove by passing an English language test with at least CEFR level A1 in speaking and listening, or you are having a related educational qualification approved by UK NARIC, which is equal to a UK bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree or Ph.D.

You don’t have to prove your understanding of English if you are a citizen of :

  • Antigua and Barbuda
  • Australia
  • Bahamas
  • Barbados
  • Belize
  • Canada
  • Dominica
  • Grenada
  • Guyana
  • Jamaica
  • New Zealand
  • St Kitts and Nevis
  • St Lucia
  • St Vincent and the Grenadines
  • Trinidad and Tobago
  • USA

Visa Maintenance Requirements

You have to show more than £945 in your bank account for 90 days before the procedure of applying unless your A-rated sponsor license holding employer is supporting you financially and can give you £945 to cover your monthly needs. It has to be verified in your certificate of sponsorship.

People can achieve a Tier 2 (General) Visa if :

  1. They have been proposed professional and skilled employment in the UK
  2. They are from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland

When you apply for a Tier 2 (General) Visa, you will be asked to submit :

  1. A Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) from an employer who has Tier 2 Sponsor Licence
  2. A Proof that you can read, write, speak, and listen in English, which you can prove by passing an English language test or having a relevant educational qualification approved by UK NARIC.
  3. Evidence that you have enough personal savings so that you can support yourself in the UK unless you get full monetary support from your A-rated Tier 2 sponsor license holding company.
  4. Passport and Travelling Documents are needed to complete the process. Also, you should have at least one blank page in your passport for your visa.
  5. Tuberculosis Test Results (if needed)
  6. A criminal record certificate of a country in which you have lived for more than 12 months.
See also  Cultivating Workplace Wellness: The Multi-Faceted Benefits of Ergonomic Office Chairs

Please note that you must submit a certified translation if the documents mentioned above are not English or Welsh.

What does this Appropriate Salary and Personal Savings mean?

Many immigration solicitors in London explain that this is done in order to make sure that the individual can solely take care of himself/herself. You have to show more than £945 in your bank account for 90 days before the procedure of applying. If your A-rated sponsor license holding employer supports you financially and can give you £945 to cover your monthly needs. This should be confirmed in your certificate of sponsorship.

Read More: Explore Kuala Lumpur with Emirates Airline

Shabbir Ahmad is a highly accomplished and renowned professional blogger, writer, and SEO expert who has made a name for himself in the digital marketing industry. He has been offering clients from all over the world exceptional services as the founder of Dive in SEO for more than five years.

Trending Posts